Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine noms


Some Valentine's related recipes (and a reason I need a nut-milk bag!)

For those on a cleanse:
Reboot Blush Juice

For those avoiding processed sugar, but still chocolate lovers:
Double Chocolate Torte

For those in deserve of an after-work cocktail:
Blood-Orange and Bourbon 



P.S. The Lentil Burgers were delicious!
My veggie stock was past its prime so I just used water to cook the lentils. I was tempted to use beef broth. That probably would have been pretty tasty, but yesterday was for meat-abstinence so water worked just fine.

I paired my patty with Ezekiel bread, hummus, avocado, alfalfa sprouts, tomato, and roasted red pepper. Perhaps all the toppings were what made it so delicious. I have a good bit of burger leftover so I'm going to experiment with different kinds of burgers. I'm thinking a greek burger with balsamic vinegar, feta, and olives mixed into the burger, paired with hummus, red pepper, red onion, cucumber, and cilantro.




No comments:

Post a Comment